Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Blog

Wow! I really don't know what to say! This is my first "blog" for Iowa Lakes Community College. So I guess I will start out by telling everyone a little bit about myself. My name is Amanda , I'm a student at Iowa Lakes Community College (ILCC) in the Hotel & Restaurant Management Program. My goal with school is to complete two years here and then transfer to a 4-year college for food science. I hope someday to become a dietitians in a hospital or school depending on where this road takes me.I was a 2008 graduate of Emmetsburg High School, and grew up in Emmetsburg my whole life. I am an only child, both of my parents work for the Emmetsburg School District. I became a huge fan of ILCC in high school when the high school paid for classes here at the college. It was a great opportunity to accomplish some of my college classes for free and get a break from the boring days of high school.I have many hobbies; I'm an avid reader and I love to cook. My boyfriend who is from Mallard Iowa is really into cars and more and more I'm interested in them. Mainly the colors but hey that's a girl thing. I also like being outside and working on the computer. Cooking is fun for me. I've always been interested in it along growing up with my mom she is an awesome cook and I look to her for good advice. I originally started going to ILCC for my AA (Associate & Arts) Degree to eventually become a teacher, but I soon decided that field wasn't for me and chose to join H&R Mtg. It's a blast, we have lots of fun everyday weather its in the kitchen cooking or in the classroom hitting the books.I am also on Student Senate at ILCC. Student Senate was a great experience to get out and meet new people and do many new things at the college. We put on events and activites for the college to have some. Were a great group of friends and always have a good time.Well I must sign off for now as I have a weekly senate meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment